Condiments are a great accompaniment to any food that you wish to eat. Now, when you ask people who are on a diet if they are using condiments, I am quite positive that they would say no, they don’t.
Why is that? That stems from the notion that people are not allowed to use any condiments or flavorings because it may hamper their diet progress.
I say complete and utter BS on that one. Condiments are not bad, per se; it is only bad if you use too much of it, especially when you’re on a diet.
The hCG diet, a heavy calorie restricted diet, is a bit unforgiving but it doesn’t mean that you cannot use condiments.
You can use condiments, provided that you make them yourself. In today’s article, I will share with you a recipe for the hCG Diet Friendly BBQ Sauce.
This BBQ sauce is so easy to make and it provides an explosion of flavors on each serving.
Do not worry; this hCG Diet Friendly BBQ Sauce is safe to consume no matter which phase of the hCG diet you’re in.
So, without further introduction, here are all the ingredients that you need in order to create the hCG Diet Friendly BBQ Sauce:
- 2 strips of fat-free turkey bacon, chopped finely
- 1 minced clove of garlic
- 1 minced small onion
- 1 can sugar-free cola
- 1 6oz can of tomato paste
- 1/4 cup of sugar-free catsup
- 1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons of Mustard
- a pinch of ground cloves
- a little bit of hot sauce to taste
- 1/2 cup of water
- Get a frying pan and start cooking the turkey bacon.
- Add the minced onion and cook it for a good 4 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and stir for about 2 minutes.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients together (including the water). Cook over low heat for 20-30 minutes.
- After 20-30 minutes of cooking time, you can fine-tune the flavor by adding some hot sauce, vinegar, or any sweeteners you want (Stevia is a good choice). Just remember that whenever you’re using sweeteners, it might tone down the spiciness of the sauce.
There you have it, a complete hCG Diet Friendly BBQ Sauce recipe. If you do not know where to find some Turkey Bacon, go to your local deli shop as it is usually available from there.
Now, you might be thinking that since this condiment recipe uses Turkey that it is not okay for the hCG diet. That is not true at all. In fact, Turkey is one of the leanest meats out there, granted that you do not eat the skin.
This hCG Diet recipe creates 20 servings of BBQ sauce. In each serving, there is only 15.5 calories, 2.9 grams of carbs, and 202 mg of sodium. As you can see from the nutrition facts, this condiment is perfectly safe to consume when you’re in any phase of the hCG diet.
The hCG Diet Friendly BBQ Sauce is a delicious condiment and you can tweak it a little bit to your liking.